Saturday, November 03, 2007

Leon's Fat Ass Recover from the Holidays 50K

So some of you may have noticed the blurb on the side of the blog right------------> there. I haven't talked about it yet, mostly because well, I just haven't. Lets just say I've been too busy running. Any way I am running an ultra-marathon called Leon's Fat Ass Recover from the Holidays 50K; for those of you not versed in the metric system 50*.6=30. So 30 miles, farther than I have ever ran before by 4 miles. I ran the full 26.2 mile Haesawong City Marathon a couple years ago and that was pretty nutzoid then, so I'm sure this will be even crazier. Especially since this will be on trails, in February, with lots of snow. It is not so much a race as a gathering of runners without any official finishing times, entry fees, aid stations or wimps. Their are many similar Fat Ass Recover from the Holidays races throughout the nation and it is kind of a post holiday tradition. The race is going to be on Feburary 19th and it starts on Rocky Canyon road and then traverses throughout the Boise Foothills a bit before ending back up at the start. You can check up on my training progress on the right hand side of the blog, as I try to update it with my daily mileage and other little tidbits of how the running is going. Idealy I need to be sustainably running around 20km(13 miles), which means I need to be able to run 20 kilometers everyday with out killing myself and doing a 40km or so run once a week. It does not mean running in organic cotton shorts. Any way check back often to see how I am progressing and get updates on the race. I am told you can even subscribe and get the updates mailed to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run, Ben, Run!

Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Amateur Sex

kostenlose sexspiele

Private Amateure