Thursday, August 23, 2007

I wanted to do one last hardcore adventurous thing before school started; I had to get it out of my system you could say. Originally I was going to climb Baron Peak up near Grandjean, but there is a large fire near there and I didn't really feel comfortable hiking around there; so that climb was out of the question. I needed something else to do, preferably somthing close though epic, safe but dangerous enough too have some adventure in it. So I decided to do the Boise Ridge Traverse, which is considered to be the ultimate long distance mountain bike or trail run in the Boise area. It stretches all the way from Lucky Peak to HorseShoe Bend, a total of 39 miles....I did it all in one big long day. Now you might be either saying "yeah right" or that I am "some sort of sick masochistic freak." Well either way you would be right, because I finished my trek at Bogus Basin which is still a rather respectable 21 miles. Regardless it was still a pretty long day and my feet where pretty tired at the end of the day.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: