Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Glen Canyon

Ok so I don't have time to write a big blog entry, but I would like to take a few minutes to talk about my recent trip to the Glen Canyon National Recreation area. The Lawellin clan got together for a week and rented a houseboat down at Lake Powell and had a wonderful time down there. We rented a couple canoes and checked out a bunch of the little canyons back there. We spent most of the time in the Escalante river arm scouting out the various canyons and enjoying the beautiful scenery. It was really great. The temperatures were a bit warm, especially in the middle of the day, but it wasn't to extreme(at least for me). Now that, that trip is over I am about to take off on the thru hike of the Colorado Trail. I take off this Friday the 26th and intend on finishing on the 14th of July. I am doing it mostly solo, but some friends and family out in Colorado will hopefully be able to hike with my on the weekends. So stay tuned to the Idaho Rocks blog for updates on my progress and I'll try to post some pictures here and there. Any way take it easy everyone and wish my luck.

Ben

1 comment:

bryanbgood said...

Good Luck Ben! You are going to have a great time I know! We can't wait to hear updates and get some pictures too! I'll try to post a few pictures of Glen Canyon for you. Jen sent me some pictures.