Sunday, November 13, 2005

still rockin' on

Well.....hmmmm haven't written anything in a long time. Have I had any adventures lately, that can even become to compare with my posts from Iraq? I mean you can't really top the streets of Iraq in terms of sheer adrenaline. Nothing like an IED to get the heart pumping, or to know how big the line between life and death is. (About this big _______) Most of my posts are usually stories that deal with my life or tied to it some how, not deep philosophical stuff like Bryan and his "quote of the day" (which are usually super cool yeah). I think my time over there has really given me a new outlook on life. I sure appreciate things a whole lot more, (hot women, cold beer) but just not appreciating things. Over there I was the Lead Guntruck Commander. What I did was control the convoy in all terms. I was the master of my domain. I spotted the IEDs, the gunmen on the sandy knoll, I set the pace for the convoy, I lead from the front. I noticed everything. I still do. It is called hyper alertness. I'm not looking for IEDs or the such, but when I see something I truely see it. It is really just paying more attention to my surroundings. It surely makes enjoying the outdoors a whole cooler experience. So I'm still rockin' on. I really have enjoyed my time back. It took a little getting used to, but at least I'm not wigging out every time a car comes speeding at me from a intersecting road any more. Camping, hiking , what have you its been great. I would really like to thank my family and friends for being so supportive while I was deployed and since I have gotten back. Thanks for listening to my slurred stories and just being there for me. Trust me you haven't heard them all. Well bring on the Snow and lets go tear up some Freshie!!

Whistler your next!

No comments: