Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Airman's words fly shop into chaos, improve productivity

A recent slip of the tounge by a young Airman First Class (we will call him Airman Topo Map) slipped the normally peaceful 366 Logistics Readiness Squadrons Air Terminal Operations Flight into utter chaos. On Monday afternoon a certain Staff Sergeant (we will call him Sgt. Chuck Taylor left shoe) asked Airman Topo Map how close he was to getting his flightline drivers licsense. At the time Topo Map was surfing the internet and looking up some phat' scores on his home team. (Cuz dats whats we do back in da crib ya know) Without even looking up from the screen he replied "I'm workin on it". SSgt Chuck Taylor left shoe responded by telling him "It sure doesn't look like it, you need to be working on it instead of looking at this crap"
"Hold on man"
"What the $#@# did you just say!! In my office now!!
"Ok oK in a second man"
"I SAID IN MY OFFICE NOW YOU WILL NOT DISRESPECT ME!!"
At this point Topo Map got off his ass, and proceeded to get a quite complete chewing of the hind quarters by SSgt Chuck Taylor left shoe, TSgt Belt Buckle and MSgt Doritos Bag. Afterwards a harsh silence fell over the entire shop and people vacated the scene like cockroaches. Now a new sense of edginess has fallen over the shop, with rumors of harsh punishment to come for infractions and laziness. When asked later about the incident SSgt Chuck Norris left shoe replied "Damn kid, just lucky we weren't in Iraq or I would have instituted some wall to wall counseling."
"Yes jolly o we need to bring that back" said Pippin
"Shut up Pippin"
A1C Topo Map had this to say about the incident "Well you know I was workin on it, but not very hard, I know I disrepected him but he didn't need to yell at me like that. I mean I'm just a dumb airman. Maybe next time a NCO tells me to do something I'll do it then and not be a moron."
Mr. Real Mckenzies came forward with this statement "I think this is what this place really needed. It been a long time since there has been a real good chewing of the posterior around here"
"Right 'o' chaps" said Pippin
"Shut up Pippin"
Since then workers make themselves busy through out the day, not wanting to be seen sitting around. The same forklift has been checked out and washed at least 5 times today. Training gets done on time now.
"Sgt. Chuck Taylor left shoe struck me a usually a quite kind of guy, didn't really expect him to get loud like that, don't want to piss him off no way." said SrA Lord of the Rings DVD
New to the Air Force Airman Basic Obe Won Kenobi thought "He is my supervisor I hope he doesn't freak out on me like that."
"I'm glad I had such a impression on the airmen, this way they are acutally more productive. You would be amazed what taking away someones weekend or making them stay late will do. But seriously what do I care I'm out in May... yeah. Hell yeah." Said SSgt Chuck Taylor left shoe.

No comments: