Friday, September 03, 2004

Travee on Idaho

Hi! My name is travee. I was born in Moritz hospital, Sun Valley, Idaho on August 4, 1979. I grew up 15 miles south of that hospital in the towns of Bellevue and Hailey. I always had fun as a child going down to the river from my house. I used to think that was so cool that I could just walk right out my back door, walk 200 yards down a path, and boom!!! be right there at the river, where adventure was and still is endless.

Of course, there was that point of adolecence where I caught myself saying, "I hate this place. Its so boring. There aren't enough people. Theres nothing to do." I realized about 3 years later what my problem was. I just wasn't looking for anything to do!! So I decided to do something about that. One day, my friend Ben asked me, "hey you want to go on a hike?" And I said "yeah!! How long of a hike??" He said "oh, about three days!!" WOAH!! I never thought I would want to do something like this, but I did and I loved it!! These places I saw were so timeless. The greatest feeling to me in this backcountry in Idaho, is that not many people know about it. Or would even want to explore it. Well, to those people I say, you are seriously missing out. There aren't many places left like this where you can just walk up any trail and see some amazing views. I can drive five minutes from my house and be in the woods!! I can fish anywhere I find water, and probably catch a few trout.

These days my favorite sport in Idaho in the summer is mountian biking. The trails here in the Sun Valley area are endless. There is not enough time in one season to enjoy all the trails I love riding In the winter I enjoy snowmobiling. Endless fields of powder await me this winter in Fairfield. I can't wait!! I may even take up snowboarding once I stop being such a wuss!! And thats what I love about Idaho!!

So for anyone thinking about traveling here for an escape from routine and other insanity, let me tell you Idaho is a perfect escaping destination. From great folks to fun places, sure am glad to be a native of this great state!!

No comments: