Wednesday, September 08, 2004

SilverCreek of Idaho

As of yesterday, Amie and I have known each other for over a year now. I love having her in my life, and am extremely happy to have been with her for so long. It really is quite amazing to be in a happy relationship for such a long time period. I've not known it to exist until this point. I guess everybody has theirs.

We spent the day hiking around one of the most beautiful and unique areas of Idaho (I say that about every place in Idaho). The Silver Creek is one of the best remaining examples of a high desert, cold spring ecosystem in the western United States. There are Dozens of springs that percolate up from an aquifer and merge to form Silver Creek. The waters of the Silver Creek are very alkaline and nutrient-rich. There are tons of insects and a very high density of brown and rainbow trout (about 5,000 trout per mile!). Not to mention it is absolutely gorgeous and peaceful. When I go to this place, I want to do nothing more than just be with nature. The Nature Conservancy has done some amazing things with the Silver Creek, and you should definitely check them out if you are interested in learning more about the area.


No comments: