Sunday, January 09, 2005

Freshie???

"Freshie???" the old Korean lady asked me and my friends. "You want freshie??? Hahhahaha you want freshie!!!!" The old flower lady had overheard a conversation some friends and I where having about fresh snow and how good it was to ski on. She went on to try and sell some flowers to a bunch of guys and then laughed some more and said something about being hungry. The topic of the conversation remained the same though about good powder skiing or 'freshie pow pow'. New snow is the absolute best to ski or snowboard on hands down. There was no freshie in Korea, but here in Idaho we just got dumped on with tons and tons of freshie pow pow. Some nice, fluffy, deep, perfect pow pow. I came up to Fairfield after a blizzard through the back way around Gooding Idaho and saw fields of snow that boggled the mind. That afternoon Heath, Amanda and myself got the snowmobiles running and took off to the backcountry. Heath and Amanda riding and myself getting pulled along behind the sleds water ski style it was great fun. The snow was so soft and deep that the sleds would get stuck if they went off the trail. Heath would drag me up to the top of a hill with the sled going full power and just barely make it up. The skiing down the hill was great, except there was too much snow!!! You had to find a really steep hill or the snow would stop you. It was a great time. The next day Amanda and I went skiing at Soldier Mountain. Tons upon tons of fresh powder lines that you could hit from all directions. Some truely great freshie pow pow. Idaho really does get great snow. If it had only gotten here earlier. Its Freshie now though. And that is why Idaho kicks pututer.

4 comments:

bryanbgood said...

Sounds like so much fun, and I am VERY jealous. Any pics to share?

TheLaw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheLaw said...

I did not bring my camera....but next weekend it comes out and stuff.

bryanbgood said...

It had better. I thought there was a documentary we were making to go along with this site? Wasn't that your job? Come on compadre!