Monday, December 20, 2004

Nature in the City

Even in the city there are plenty of ways to be close to nature. As with most everything else in life, you just need to get up off your lazy butt and just do it! Yesterday Amie and I went on our normal walk. We left the house here on 28th & Jefferson Street and headed towards The Boise Greenbelt. On this short, probably 2-3 mile walk, we pass a multitude of natural goodies. 2 lakes, 2 Rivers, 2 Enormous Bald Eagles, a Blue Heron, hundreds of Crows and black birds, finches, woodpeckers, ducks, loons, seagulls, and other water fowel. It really is a solice for me living in the city to be able to have something like this so close to where I am. Even though nature may seem far away, all I need to do is start walking and I'm in the middle of Nature, right here in the city.

No comments: